How it Works
- Each transaction is scored at the point-of-sale for fraudulent activity
- If the transaction is scored with a high risk level, it is passed on to one of our Fraud Analysts
- The analyst will research the transaction and contact the card holder if they deem the transaction suspicious
- If the card holder can verify the transaction as legitimate, no further action is necessary
- If the card holder is able to verify the transaction as fraudulent, the analyst will block the card to prevent any further fraud
- You will receive a phone call to the phone number associated with your account from one of our fraud analysts.
- If you receive a call from one of our fraud analysts they will state their name, and say that they are calling on behalf of First National Bank & Trust. The analyst will request to speak to the owner of the card and ask them to identify themselves to verify ownership of the card.
- For security purposes, our fraud analysts will always verify the identity for the primary cardholder of the account. You will be asked to verify your identity based upon recent purchases you have made with your card. For card holders who choose not to verify any type of personal information, the analyst will request that you contact First National Bank & Trust directly for further information. Please note that if you decide to contact the bank directly, we will only be able to assist you during normal business hours.
- If you verify the transaction(s) as authorized, your card will not be blocked. You will be able to use your card as normal. If you verify the transaction(s) are not authorized, your card will be blocked to prevent any further fraudulent transactions.
- If you are unable to answer your phone, the analyst will leave a message. The message will state the purpose of the call, and will give you a call back number. During this time, your card will be placed with a temporary block until you are able to return the call and verify the transaction(s) in question.
- By law, our analysts are only allowed to call you between the hours of 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM local time. If suspicious transaction happens after 9:00 PM, our analysts will wait until after 8:00 AM of the following day to contact you.
- If fraud is verified on your account, your ATM or Debit card will be immediately blocked. In addition to this, First National Bank & Trust will contact you in regards to getting a new ATM or Debit card ordered. If necessary, we will also assist you in disputing any fraudulent transactions that may have occured with your card.
- In the event that you will be traveling, we ask that you please attempt to notify us ahead of time. In doing so, we will notify our analysts so that they are able to make the appropriate determinations on your behalf.
- Our system is dependant on First National Bank & Trust having the most current contact information on file for your accounts. We ask that you please notify us whenever any of your contact information has changed (phone numbers, address, e-mail, etc). If you are uncertain if your contact information on file with us is current, please contact us directly at (906) 774-2200.