Estate Planning Solutions
Estate planning is the process of making arrangements for ones estate and assets upon death. By making plans for your estate, you eliminate uncertainties and your wishes are made clear to loved ones.
Estate Settlement Services
First National Bank & Trust can serve as personal representative or administrator when settling the estate of one who has died whether he/she left a will (testate) or did not leave a will (intestate). In each of these cases the bank:
- Makes an inventory of the assets of the estate.
- Prepares a budget for the settlement of the estate.
- Pays all taxes and claims against the estate.
- Prepares final accounting for the probate court.
- Makes the final distribution of the assets to the heir(s) and/or beneficiary(ies).
Investments made in trust accounts are not deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed by First National Bank & Trust, are not insured by the FDIC or any government agency, and may lose value.