The backbone of the economy? There's no doubt about it.
At First National Bank & Trust, we firmly believe that small businesses fuel economic growth and create thousands of jobs in Michigan communities. That's why we provide a wide range of loans through two popular U.S. Small Business Administration programs. Funds are available for start-up costs, equipment purchases, real estate acquisition, business expansion, and more.
- Local loan servicing with First National Bank & Trust
- Streamlined application process
- Flexible loan amounts
- Lower interest rates than most other commercial loans
- Generous repayment terms
- Credit lines and term loans available
- For additional information, visit the United States Small Business Administration website
7(a) Loan Program
The most commonly used loan program provides financing for start-up and existing small businesses for a variety of general business purposes. The three major types of 7(a) loans are:
- Express Programs: Offer streamlined and expedited loan procedures for particular groups of borrowers.
- Export Loan Programs: Created to assist small business exporters.
- Special Purpose Loan Programs: Provides aid to businesses impacted by NAFTA, offers financial assistance to Employer Stock Ownership Plans, and assists in implementation of pollution control mechanisms.
504 Loan Program
This program provides long-term financing to acquire major fixed assets such as land, buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Down payments of just 10% required for real estate and other big-ticket purchases
- Fixed interest rates
- Designed to assist expanding businesses that have been in operation for more than two years
- In certain instances, loans may be used to finance start-up businesses